seldom uttered...

un-spoken word

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

A laid back, intelligent, and fun loving California implant slowly and silently taking New York by storm!

Monday, May 24, 2004

artist

she moved in a while ago
no face to face introductions
only a conversing of slammed doors
and glimpses of presence through light & movement

i'm forced to wonder
about my new neighbor's occupation
as once in a while is fine but
coming home at 3 in the morning
on a nightly basis
is something i've never before been privy to
and besides that, it interrupts my sleep

stripper?
nah
dj?
maybe
but definitely not a 9-5

never able to ask as our schedules
are obviously conflicting
but as my sleep was interrupted again last night
my assumptions were clarified

3:15am- right on time
click of the lock
slam of the door
switch of the light to a bright and fluorescent glow
and an addition to tonite's repertoire...

a song
slow, jazzy and sweet
an obvious lasting residual of the evening's events

reminded me of Lutie Johnson
in Ann Petry's "the street"
who came alive at night
in manhattan's night clubs
a sassy songstress
and other stories known to me as my reason for moving to NYC

she's an artist
with a song to sing

and now her 3am arrival
is no longer an interruption
but a slow, sweet
lullaby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home