seldom uttered...

un-spoken word

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

A laid back, intelligent, and fun loving California implant slowly and silently taking New York by storm!

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

internal struggle

a mind is a terrible thing to waste
but i wish mine would leave me alone for a while
because it is causing an
internal struggle
between itself and my heart

all you gotta do is say yes
don't deny what you feel...
the game is mind over matter
and my mind don't feel like playin'
'cuz it does not like to lose
and yet, it has never really won

so i am left always
watching
needing
wanting
but never fulfilling or fueling
the dreams of the stone cold furnace lying within my soul
longing to be ingited

i need internal peace and quiet
unforced and unfabricated
thoughts
to run free in my brain
those are the ones that will calm the storm
and end the struggle

my heart is trying to win-
it's up against a longtime companion and foe...
it's mind over matter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home